Wednesday, October 12, 2005

UPDATE: 2 MORE SOULMAN REMIXES + 2 INTERVIEWS

A couple of things I want to drop on y'all real quick for this week-

My homeboys Mr. Martel & The Earl had me as a guest on their very dope internet radio show at SolOfHipHop.com a few weeks ago. I had a great time kickin' it with them about everything I am up to these days as well as some stuff I did back in the days, plus of course we talked about where hip hop is today (don't worry, I didn't dis all things new with my old school ass). You can check out the audio from this interview right hurr.

Also I popped up in the new and improved GROUND LIFT MAGAZINE (the old Breakz 4 Dayz site, now revamped) not too long ago. My man Nigel hit me up with the vital questions and I gave it back to 'em uncut and raw. Check out the whole site and most definitely check what I have to say to my Ground Lift homies.

Now we come to the payoff: a couple more Soulman Remixes from the mid 90's. The links for last two I posted, the De La Soul and Pharcyde remixes, went dead but they are back in effect for a limited time only, so get your download on while you can. And be sure to check the blog at least once a week so that you don't miss any of the music downloads (by the way, anybody know of any better methods of posting MP3's than yousendit.com? I know Rapidshare too, but any other more permanent alternatives that are either free or cheap as hell?) Holla at a pimp on the e-mail at soulman@worldofbeats.com if you have any solutions.




This is a remix I did of "If I Ruled The World" by Nas f/ Lauryn Hill... understandable smooth shit that backpackers move with. Went over well with the headwrap and incense crowd in the 90's.



Next we have two, count 'em, two remixes of this somewhat obscure record by hardcore Philly kids Da Youngstas and their Queensbridge counterparts Mobb Deep. I did two smoothed out takes on "Bloodshed And War", the first utilizing a vibey Roy Ayers sample, and on the second I just said "f**k it" and got all Keith Sweat on 'em (and don't say schitt about no played out high pitch vocal samples, this was at least 5 or 6 years before Kanye hit big with that technique!).

I know some of these 90's remixes may be a little too mellowed out for some o' y'all thuglifers out thurr, but we will be coming with the rugged and raw too, so keep checking me out. WEEKLY. This is important, or you may miss some stuff when the yousendit links die off.

Any feedback can be sent to ya boy at soulman@worldofbeats.com or you can just post a comment, whatever is cool for you. I will soon be giving all the info on some new Soulman mix cds, new records coming out on World Of Beats and also check out my Ebay auctions- seller name p.eugene (rare random rap cassette tapes ending tomorrow!). One.

16 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger +++ said...

That Nas Remix is Kufilicious! Dont let Jim Jones here it!

Kepp these coming! Heat!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Marc said...

Tight as usual!

Keep em komin'!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Rizoh said...

that remix is superofficial. keep it up.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger shadout said...

What's up Soulman?

can you post a discography of yours?
and more remix too, cause I like them a lot

BTW Gun review here: http://www.hiphopcore.net/reviews/thegreedyultimate.php3 in french though, but love is love ;)

peace

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger WDM Info Services said...

I like your blog, please list it on my favourite Blog Directory.

It has lots of links to erotic blog blogs

William MacDonald

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger musiclover123987 said...

Hello Phill Most The Soulman !

I'm a music lover, and I found your post, "this post", while searching for info on piano blues - I don't know why your post came up, but it did capture my attention and interest! Thank You!

Hey - Tonight, I'm being frothed into a righteous euphoria by the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. And I just can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you like it as much as I do... Lemme know, ok?


Thanks,

- Sandra
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger music4all said...

Hi Phill Most The Soulman !

Nice post!

I really love that music means so much to so many. It brings us all together!

Right now, I'm rockin' out to the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. It smokes so righteously that I can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you can feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Sandy
winmx free music download
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger rj2yik said...

Hi There Phill Most The Soulman !

Good post.

I'm a music fanatic, and I found your post, "this post", while looking for info on blues music - I don't know why the post came up, but it did capture my attention! Thank You!

Hey - Tonight, I'm being frothed by the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. I just can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Jim
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger musiclover123987 said...

Hi There Phill Most The Soulman !

Great post.

Music is the best reward, IMHO - For me today it's the smokin' piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. And I just can't stop moving - So Cool :)

I wonder if you feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Johnson
blues piano music
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger musiclover123987 said...

Hi Blogger !

Nice post!

I really love that music means so much to so many. It brings us all together!

Right now, I'm rockin' out to the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. It smokes so righteously that I can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you can feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Sandy
yahoo music launch
piano blues
blues piano
boogie woogie
long term care insurance
boogie woogie piano
clay cotton
clay cotton piano
long term care insurance
blues piano secrets

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger iop6uy said...

Hello Phill Most The Soulman !

I'm a music lover, and I found your post, "this post", while searching for info on mp3 - I don't know why your post came up, but it did capture my attention and interest! Thank You!

Hey - Tonight, I'm being frothed into a righteous euphoria by the "nuclear-meltdown, piano-mania, happy blues" piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. And I just can't stop smiling :)

I wonder if you like it as much as I do... Lemme know, ok?


Thanks,

- Sandra

PS: I hope you enjoy these sites:
mp3
piano blues piano blues
blues piano blues piano
boogie woogie boogie woogie
boogie woogie boogie woogie piano
piano secrets blues piano secrets
ltci long term care insurance
football football resources

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger musiclover987123 said...

Hi There Phill Most The Soulman !

Great post.

Music is the best reward, IMHO - For me today it's the smokin' piano music at http://www.claycotton.com. And I just can't stop moving - So Cool :)

I wonder if you feel it as much as I do...

Thanks,

- Johnson

PS: I hope you enjoy these sites:
entertaining
piano blues piano blues
blues piano blues piano
boogie woogie boogie woogie
boogie woogie boogie woogie piano
piano secrets blues piano secrets
ltci long term care insurance
football football resources

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger skills said...

wasssup last time we kicked it you sent me the philla beat mission joint (tight as usual son)glad to see you still doin ya thing if you need beats for ya artists scream at ya boy i got you if not its cool... peace ps wish you were still doin mix tapes(lol)

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger andrea said...

the time is expired! ;D but i would to download it!!! :D

i put this blog in my bookmarks:D see ya next time and compliments for your great work, (i'm italian)

www.railster.splinder.com

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Shara said...

Hi, You are interested in Music!!! :)
I like your information. please visit the links:
Do you like jesse mccartney music ?
I think It is usefull, jesse mccartney music

A bit time to relax:
Do you want to try Poker?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jonh Neo said...

I like your blogs, I will add your link you to my blog.
This is a resource you can visit :
Google Music Links

And Listen to musics

 

Post a Comment

<< Home